Saturday, May 22, 2010

Coupons!!!

They are everywhere.  You can find them in magazines, the Sunday paper, weekly flyers, on-line....

and

all over my kitchen




I have done my best to cut coupons, in hopes that one day I will be able to use them before they expire (which almost never happens).  But I usually forget to take them to the store, only remembering I had coupons as I am paying.  *sigh*

I sat down the other day to go through my coupons book...get rid of those that have expired (which was most of them) and try to organize the ones I just cut.  What an ordeal!!!  As I was sorting...making more piles that necessary...I realized, I will most likely never use most of these.  Why have I been stressing over coupons??  I know I am trying to save money...but really buying 3 boxes of cereal (when I only want one) to save $0.30...is it worth it??  Most of the coupons I have are not healthy (cakes, ready-to-bake cookies, crackers, etc). 

And, in going through my grocery list, I buy mostly fruits and veggies...unfortunately I cannot find coupons for those.  I do buy eggs, milk, cheese, beans (the store brand organic...yes they have that at Giant Eagle...YAY)...but usually no coupons for these.

So I made a new pile, coupons I will actually use.  Diapers, Wipes, laundry soap, etc...

I headed off to the store with coupons in hand, and was able to save $12...not bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment